This is a very easy and yummy curry made with besan. Whenever I was out of vegetables, I make this curry to go with chapathis.
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour (Senagapindi, Besan)
- 2 cups Buttermilk (Sour is better)
- 1 or 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 small Onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tomato, chopped fine
- Handful of Cilantro, chopped fine
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Bengal Gram (Pachi Senagapappu, Chana dal)
- ¼ tsp Black Gram (Minapappu, Urad dal)
- 1 tsp Oil
- Few Curry Leaves
Mix together besan + chili powder + salt. Pour buttermilk and mix well. The batter should be little thin.
In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds + both dals and fry until the dals turn golden brown in color.
Then add curry leaves + onions + tomatoes and sauté well until the veggies are cooked well. Also add cilantro and mix well.
Finally add the prepared batter to the pan and keep stirring until the mixture thickens and besan loses its raw smell. Keep the flame on low.
Turn off the flame and transfer the curry to a serving bowl. Enjoy this yummy curry with chapathis. This curry tastes so good when still hot.