- 2 cups Ridge Gourd Peels (బీరకాయ తొక్కు)
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 or 7 (or as desired) Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Black Gram (మినప్పప్పు, Urad Dal)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds (ధనియాలు)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Asafetida (ఇంగువ, Hing)
- 1 tsp Oil
Beerakaaya Thokku Pachadi (Chutney with Ridge Gourd Peels)
This is another yummy pachadi prepared by DH recently. It tasted so good and is so easy to prepare with simple ingredients.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they pop, add cumin seeds + black gram + coriander seeds and sauté well.
Then add ridge gourd peels + tomatoes + onions + green chilies, mix well and sauté.
Add tamarind pulp + turmeric powder + asafetida and stir well.
Keep the contents on medium flame for some time just until the veggies become little soft and then turn the flame off.
Allow the contents to cool down for some time and grind into a smooth paste adding salt and water (very little) as needed.
Enjoy this great smelling and great tasting pachadi with rice as well as chapathis.