- 1 cup peeled Potatoes, cut into long strips or small pieces
- 1 cup Eggplant, cut into long strips or small pieces
- ¼ cup Onions, cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- ½ tsp Black Gram (Urad Dal)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds. When they pop, add cumin seeds and the dals. Fry for a while until the dals turn light golden brown in color.
- Then add the curry leaves + potatoes + eggplant + onions and mix well. Add turmeric + chili powder + salt and mix well.
- Cover and allow the veggies cook for some time. Keep the flame on low flame. Sauté well and leave on the flame until the veggies become soft and cooked.
- Then transfer the contents to a serving bowl and enjoy with steaming hot rice or chapathis. Yummy!