- 3 cups chopped Eggplant/Brinjal
- ½ cup Peanuts (raw or roasted)
- 1 tsp red Chili Powder (or more if you desire)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Turmeric
- 2 tsp Oil
- If using raw peanuts, roast them without oil. Keep aside to cool. No need to remove the skin.
- Then grind peanuts + chili powder into a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds + curry leaves and sauté. Then add chopped eggplant pieces and sauté well.
- Add a pinch of turmeric, cover and leave the pan on medium-low flame until the eggplant becomes soft and cooked. Keep stirring now and then.
- When the eggplants are cooked, add peanut powder and mix well. Turn the flame to a low setting.
- Keep the curry on low flame for some time without covering the pan. Add salt as required and sauté well for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and enjoy the yummy curry with rice or chapathis.