- 2 cups Vermicelli (Semiya)
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 6 cups Milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Few drops of Orange Food Color (Optional)
- Few raisins
- Few cashews
- Few cardamom seeds
- Mash bananas well with a fork or hand and keep aside.
- Dry roast vermicelli until it turns golden brown in color. To this, add mashed bananas + sugar and mix well.
- Pour milk and bring it to a boil. Keep the pan on med. low flame and allow vermicelli to become soft and cooked.
- When the vermicelli appears cooked and the payasam becomes little thick, turn off the flame.
- In a different pan heat ghee and add raisins + cashews + cardamom seeds. Stir well until the raisins bubble up and cashews turn golden brown in color. Add this to the prepared payasam and mix well.
- Great tasting payasam is ready!! Yummy!!