This is a simple and healthy curry. It tastes great with rice or chapathis.
- 2 heads Broccoli
- 2 tsp dry Coconut Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Bengal Gram (Pachi Senagapappu, Chana Dal)
- ½ tsp Black Gram (Minappappu, Urad Dal)
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 Red Chilies
- 2 tsp Oil
- Remove stem and leaves from broccoli and wash well. Chop into fine pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds + Bengal gram + black gram and fry till the daals turn golden brown in color. Then add red chili + curry leaves and fry well.
- Later add broccoli and sauté well. Add turmeric and mix well. Sprinkle some water, cover and leave the curry on medium flame for some time until it becomes soft and cooked.
- When the water gets absorbed and the curry becomes dry add coconut powder + salt and mix well. Leave it on low flame for 2 minutes and turn off.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and enjoy with rice or rotis.